Thursday, February 7, 2008

Digiscape

In trying to think about what a "digital landscape" would look like, I kept thinking about data as this sort of radiation that is always around us. For this assignment, I represented the data with words that I thought would denote things like text messages, data packets, wifi trash, and dumped code. Because we were limited to using the text tool, I felt that this "data" would be the only thing shown on the screen. I made the data creep into the plane of view from all directions until it all met up in the middle. I wanted to represent the fact that, not only do we have unseen data traveling around us at all times, there is probably an insane amount. So the animation eventually turns into this putrid black-green hole of data that has built up into this mess.

No comments: