Thursday, April 3, 2008

Audio Intro

The flash assignment that I created with audio is essentially just the intro to my labyrinth final project. To go along with the project, I kept the design very minimal. The user is presented with just an anonymous orange shape - a hexagon. When the user mouses over the shape, it begins to spin slowly and play a loop from a song entitled "Corsair" from Boards of Canada's Geogaddi album (which is brilliant by the way). When the user mouses off the hex, it promptly stops motion as well as audio. When clicked, the hexagon spins out and fades away, as well as the sound (which took longer to figure out then it should've). Once this event occurs, the first clip of my labyrinth pops down. After making this intro, I feel that I have to add audio to the rest of my project in the future.



4 comments:

bwittmuss said...

I like how simple it is and how the song fades away as well as the shape. I really can't think of anything else! I'm just wasting space here.

Ryan said...

i do love me some boards of canada. it seems like your final is coming together really well. i had a lot of fun dragging the cursor on and off of the hexagon, and turning myself into a DJ.

Unknown said...

i just think this piece is really calming. the sounds themselves and the simplicity. it goes well with your final in that i dont feel like you are guiding me conceptually, but i also dont feel starved for guidance.

Thornton1 said...

Your project was really inviting in the beginning. I was drawn to hit the button but when I got inside I started to loose interest. I think that was because I expected to hear music through out since it was at the beginning.