Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New sound project - Radiohead-Nude(REMIX)

I essentially wanted to make a program that was a lot like my intro piece - where different shapes would react to mouse events and play audio while doing so. I wanted all of the audio clips to be able to form together to make a complete composition, but also one that would be (relatively) unique. As far as the audio clips, I chose to use the separate tracks that Radiohead released to the public for a remix contest for their song "Nude." I figured that users could "remix" the song by activating and deactivating the shapes. Four of the five samples take a minute before they start playing sound, just click the shape to start and roll over them to stop - just be patient. Oh, and I wanted the sound to be the raw AIFF files so that quality was not lost...but there's apparently not enough space for the school's network drive, and so these samples are now really poor quality.

(Note: When you click each shape, each of the individual "stems" begin to play...you have to wait to hear anything from some of them so be patient...Also when you roll the mouse over them, they stop...The trick is to be patient and keep the different elements playing for a while - that's when it really starts to feel like a "remix")




4 comments:

bwittmuss said...

I was lost on what was suppose to happen when you click on the top shapes since no music played, but once I activated the bottom ones, I understood it. I really like how majestic and peaceful the whole thing is.Its a very interesting visual stimulus.

Thornton1 said...

I can tell that this has a similar approach that you used in a earlier project. I think that it works, because you have more objects. The way you have the audio set up is crazy. It was soothing to listen to. lol.

Ryan said...

I really wish the drums and bass didn't have that delay before they came in. Iv been wanting to play around with these tracks, but have had the chance. I think I want to even more now.

Marc Aaron said...

The rotation of the shapes combined with the music creates a hypnotic feeling. It would be much more successful with greater control of the sounds and when they start playing.