Tuesday, January 29, 2008

sleep



I titled this piece “sleep” because all of these pictures put my mind at ease। They are all Polaroid pictures I took around ten years ago of areas surrounding what was my home in Fredericksburg, VA. I made 4 new blogs on blogger.com – one for each picture. I had to edit some of the HTML code in order to make some things go away – I thought I would’ve had a harder time with this process. I wanted the aesthetic to be very simple and the site to have as minimum of objects as was necessary to put most of the focus on each photo. I wanted you to be able to click the photo and it would take you to the next one, so I simply uploaded them and linked them. The last photo takes you back to the first, as I wanted the presentation to be seemingly infinite. Each photo has a tag that represents what I think when I look at the photo at the time I posted it.

SLEEP

4 comments:

Thornton1 said...

I think that you are right about your post. It does have a inherent quality that suggest a very calm and quiet space. However, for me it makes me want to think openly about everything that there is to think about. I think it was a very good idea to flip it upside down, because it does make the viewer rearrange the composition by flipping what we know with our eyes. Which made me think sleep.

Ryan said...

there is a calmness to these images, and they are very pieceful. The composition of the pictures with the flag in it is really interesting.

Unknown said...

I like the simplicity of this piece. Even the scale of the images is nonintrusive. I would suggest being mindful of the image tags since those remain. You could almost use them as a secondary element or a counter point to the images.

Marc Aaron said...

The snow seems to represent that sleepy mentality that the name suggests. The process of clicking on the pictures and how it jumps from picture to picture does not have the same smoothness as the actual pictures do, although I'm not sure how to get around that.